community Service means Business!

19 August 2004

talk fake...

REEL-TALK

PENELOPE
We did it. We've won. Over the last
years, there have been super changes
for women and we should be pleased
as, dare I say it, punch. Hand to
back--proceed to pat. There are
limits though; and Barbara, if you
try starting your own business,
you'll probably fail. I say that in
the nicest possible way. Who's next?

SAD WOMAN
Hi, I'm Mona. And I'm a victim.

THE GROUP
Hi, Mona.

SAD WOMAN
My husband tried putting styrofoam
down the garbage disposal. I told him
he shouldn't do that--he just started
screaming at me...

PENELOPE
I have one word for you, Mona. "Sh-h-
h." It's a better for a woman's soul
to take pain, than to give it out.
Now have we all finished my new
book...

Penelope holds up a hardcover with a lame drawing of Catwoman--
THE CATWOMAN COMPLEX by Dr. Penelope Snuggle.

PENELOPE
The Catwoman Complex of course refers
to the fabled Catwoman--We all know
the "tale," pardon the pun-- a couple
years back, in where-else-but that
gloomy heckhole Gotham City, a woman,
all done up as a black cat, was
supposedly sighted committing various
acts of terrorism. Whether or not
she actually ever existed, this
"Catwoman" has much to teach us--
that the pursuit of power turns women
into monsters and very unhappy
monsters at that. Women, stop trying
to be Catwomen and start being women.
Who's next?

from--CATWOMAN by Daniel Waters - June 16, 1995

No comments:

Talk2Me

be here-Now!

into the Gaping Void

My Friend Flickr

Talk Gone Wrong

Drop-off Box

drop.io: simple private sharing
Powered By Blogger

plan2planet

Blog Archive