community Service means Business!

16 June 2007

Africans in U.S. caught between worlds - USATODAY.com


Africans in U.S. caught between worlds - USATODAY.com
:

"Comments: (24)

Khalilah wrote: 7m ago

To Afriameican...
Thank you for saying so eloquently what I was thinking. I have for many years told others in the black (american ) community that the propaganda machine of this country is always aimed at showing our people in a negative way. Even when it is camouflaged by some current event or 'social concern'...we know that the whole reason to write anything about black americans is to show them as less than anyone else or as niggardly in some aspect of their association with other peoples. Never are we given the true and often covert message which is that 'blacks who are descendents of slaves and born in america are and will always be assaulted by some group of people no matter who they are' Further, it pains me when native Africans come to america and do not search out their long lost family members who have been displaced by the slave trade of the 17th and 18th centuries. Why do black americans always want to find their 'roots' in Africa and yet the African comes here but don't try to find his lost brother or sister? I love the Afican people and the African culture because somehow it connects me to my history just as my native American culture connects me to my Cherokee history . I pray that we as blacks, Africans and Afriamericans come to under"

No comments:

Talk2Me

be here-Now!

into the Gaping Void

My Friend Flickr

Talk Gone Wrong

Drop-off Box

drop.io: simple private sharing
Powered By Blogger

plan2planet

Blog Archive