community Service means Business!
23 September 2009
10 Secrets to Success
1. How You Think is Everything. Always be positive. Think Success, not Failure. Beware of a negative environment. This trait has to be one of the most important in the entire list. Your belief that you can accomplish your goals has to be unwavering. The moment you say to yourself “I can’t…”, then you won’t. I was always given the advice “never say I can’t” and I’d like to strike those words from the dictionary. I’ve found that from time-to-time my attitude waivers. A mentor of mine once said “it’s ok to visit pity city, but you can’t stay and there comes a time when you need to leave”. Positive things happen to positive people. 2. Decide upon Your True Dreams and Goals: Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them. Write down my dreams and goals? Develop a plan to reach them? You mean like a project plan? Yes, that’s exactly what this means. You may have heard the old adage: A New Years resolution that isn’t written down is just a dream, and dreams are not goals. Goals are those concrete, measurable stepping stones of achievement that track your progress towards your dreams. My goal is to start a second career as a freelance writer – what are your goals? 3. Take Action. Goals are nothing without action. Be like Nike and “Just do it”. I took action by reaching out and started writing. Every day I try to take some action towards my goals. It may be small, but it’s still an action. Have you taken action towards your goals? 4. Never Stop Learning: Go back to school or read books. Get training & acquire skills. Becoming a life long learner would benefit us all and is something we should instill in our kids. It’s funny that once you’re out of school you realize how enjoyable learning can be. What have you learned today? 5. Be Persistent and Work Hard: Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up. I think every story of success I read entails long hard hours of work. There is no getting around this and there is no free lunch. But, if you’re working towards something that you’re passionate about, something you love – then is it really work? 6. Learn to Analyze Details: Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes. I think you have to strike a balance between getting all the facts and making a decision with incomplete data – both are traits of successful people. Spend time gathering details, but don’t catch ‘analysis paralysis’. 7. Focus Your Time And Money: Don’t let other people or things distract you. Remain laser focused on your goals and surround yourself with positive people that believe in you. Don’t be distracted by the naysayer’s or tasks that are not helping you achieve your goals. 8. Don’t Be Afraid To Innovate: Be different. Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity. Follow through on that break-out idea you have. Ask yourself “What would I do if I wasn’t afraid?” 9. Deal And Communicate With People Effectively: No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others. Successful people develop and nurture a network and they only do that by treating people openly, fairly and many times firmly. There is nothing wrong about being firm – just don’t cross the a-hole line. How do you deal with people? 10. Be Honest And Dependable: Take responsibility, otherwise numbers 1 – 9 won’t matter. http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/pickthebrain/LYVv/~3/218150963/
- ► 2011 (47)
- ► 2010 (326)
09/20 - 09/27
- Sample SPARC calendar
- One Year Out: Experiences of Prisoners Returning t...
- Executive Summary - The Geography of Punishment | ...
- Geo-Politicized Space: Race, Representation & the ...
- Prisoners of the Census
- RAM Tough!
- Pinellas County Jail Drops $8 Co-pay for Prisoners...
- ALL ABOARD!
- "Ban The Box" Ordinance Approved | Connecticut Pub...
- SAMPLE ACTIVITY CALENDAR
- JOBS & CAREER CLUSTERS Pt. One
- Prisoners of the Census
- Rollip - Create Polaroids from your photos!
- G2.0 Embedded Citizen Journalist
- Git' up on This!
- G2.0: G20 Psychic Service Command
- G2.0 G20 Insurgency Tactical Manual
- G2.0: G20 Insurgent sampan preparing to engage the...
- G2.0: G20 Insurgents spotted just outside of their...
- G2.0 G20 Vendors- Feeding the Masses
- Audio Learning Tools
- Interview Skill Building
- A Career Path in Pictures
- The View from the Top (of Pittsburgh's Mt. Washing...
- Should You be Ashamed to be on Public Assistance?
- Bare life?
- The Movie Director’s Guide to Effective Teaching
- Big Brother’s Technical Difficulties
- Urban Schools Aiming Higher Than Diploma
- 10 Secrets to Success
- Protect Insurance Companies-PSA
- G20 Galvanizes Local Community
- ▼ 09/20 - 09/27 (32)
- ► 2008 (607)
- ► 2007 (55)
- ► 2006 (52)
- ► 2005 (96)
- ► 2004 (503)