community Service means Business!

6 July 2010

Sunday Secrets

via PostSecret by postsecret on 7/4/10

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people
mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard.


See More Secrets. Follow PostSecret on Twitter.



PostSecret Community



After five years and 500,000 postcards our PostSecret mail-carrier has retired to England. You'll be missed Kathy.


Sonia Warren now delivers our secrets. Welcome Sonia!


The following message arrived from a New Zealand postal worker and was originally published in the second PostSecret book.

I just finished up seven years working at a mail center; and over that time I would come across PostSecret postcards, and take the time to read them. Some were funny, some touching, some heartbreaking. But every time I read them I knew I was in a privileged position-- not only because I was perhaps one of the first people to read these beautifully crafted cards, but also because I was being let into somebody's soul and sharing with them whatever emotion they invested into creating the card.

I just want to let people out there know that even if your postcard doesn't show up on the website, there's a hardworking postal worker who is taking the time to read your secret, and who identifies with this brave, faceless, nameless sender.

Posted via email from the Un-Official Southwestern PA Re-Entry Coalition Blog

No comments:

Talk2Me

be here-Now!

into the Gaping Void

My Friend Flickr

Talk Gone Wrong

Drop-off Box

drop.io: simple private sharing
Powered By Blogger

plan2planet

Blog Archive