community Service means Business!

4 March 2010

Intro

via Prison Talk by Citalyn on 3/4/10

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this site. Suddenly I don't feel so alone.

My son-in-law has been incarcerated in New Mexico since his arrest in early August 2006. He was sentenced to 24 years in November 2007. Not only was 'that phone call' informing us of his arrest - and especially the extent of his crime - a complete shock, but overnight my daughter and I had been thrown into a whirlwind of confusion, pain, finger-pointing, gossip, even hate mail. I had moved from NM to GA ten months earlier, which meant my only source of information at the time was via telephone calls to his Public Defender - and that information was rather sparse - or media reports. My daughter has since moved on with her life, but I've never felt I could simply abandon my son-in-law. He has no one else. We exchange letters frequently, but because of the distance I've not been able to visit.

Just relieved to have found somewhere I feel I can talk to others at long last.

Posted via email from the Un-Official Southwestern PA Re-Entry Coalition Blog

No comments:

Talk2Me

be here-Now!

into the Gaping Void

My Friend Flickr

Talk Gone Wrong

Drop-off Box

drop.io: simple private sharing
Powered By Blogger

plan2planet

Blog Archive