[Editor's Note: In a much talked about interview, the Honorable Louis Farrakhan appeared April 13, 1997 on NBC television's "Meet the Press." He was interviewed by Tim Russert and David Broder. The following text is excerpted from the interview.] Tim Russert: Once a week. On the back page is The Muslim Program, "What the Muslims Want." And if I can go through a few of these--let me put one on the screen and get your reaction. The first is in terms of territory, and you'll see, "Since we cannot get along with them in peace and equality, we believe our contributions to this land and the suffering forced upon us by white America justifies our demand for complete separation in a state or territory of our own." Is that your view in 1997, a separate state for Black Americans? Minister Louis Farrakhan: First, the program starts with number one. That is number four. The first part of that program is that we want freedom, a full and complete freedom. The second is, we want justice. We want equal justice under the law, and we want justice applied equally to all, regardless of race or class or color. And the third is that we want equality. We want equal membership in society with the best in civilized society. If we can get that within the political, economic, social system of America, there's no need for point number four. But if we cannot get along in peace after giving America 400 years of our service and sweat and labor, then, of course, separation would be the solution to our race problem.
community Service means Business!
- ► 2011 (47)
- ► 2010 (326)
- ► 2009 (141)
06/15 - 06/22
- On Clouds, the Sun and the Moon
- Minority Group Fires Back At Police Chief
- Food Stamps Buy Less, and Families Are Hit Hard
- GOONJ PROJECT: Textile Recycling Initiative in New...
- Abigail’s Teen Diary: For All Her BFFs
- Disturbing the Peace: Part 3
- NAACP Spends Half of Jena 6 Money on NAACP
- Security versus freedom
- Starkist Tuna to be Sold to a Korean Company
- Food shortages worsen amid Argentine farm strike
- UN classifies rape a 'war tactic'
- t r u t h o u t | Congress Poised to Grant Telcoms...
- Cops now charging for gas used to catch you
- daily bREAD
- Pool Crashing[Dipping] in the UK Becomes Latest Go...
- [Japan] Number of reported child abuse cases tops ...
- The decay of gratitude
- Tim Russert's interview with Minister Louis Farrak...
- Help Rotarians Eradicate Polio
- UK: Audit Estimates Public Cost of a Single Drug A...
- Promising New Service Tackles e-waste in Mumbai
- Women Trade Sex for Food
- [One Point of View] Boycott Durban II
- VIDEO: Child Labor in Mexico, Beyond
- 291 - Federal Lands in the US
- Spouse calls: Author seeks minority spouse tales
- Ten TB patients back in hospital after escape
- Mbeki: Youth must stand against xenophobia
- “Gochumon O Dozo”
- The War with Mexico
- Teacher sacked for running from quake
- Report Finds Racial Disparities in the Severity of...
- Guest article: How To Turn Around Negative Attitud...
- Adoption system failing minority kids
- Big earthquake hits Iwate/Miyagi
- The GreenHouse Project: Sustainable Living in Joha...
- Military spouse surprised by threats and vandalism...
- Concerns over private care firms
- U.S. lacks qualified military recruits
- The FDA Wants to Stop You from Protecting Yourself...
- Travel Brochures 'N Stuff.
- ▼ 06/15 - 06/22 (42)
- ► 2007 (55)
- ► 2006 (52)
- ► 2005 (96)
- ► 2004 (503)