A survey of 293 women in the ethnically mixed London borough of Hackney found black women were 21 years younger than white women when they were diagnosed.
There may be biological differences in how the disease develops, the British Journal of Cancer study suggests.
Researchers say further work is needed into a field which has been neglected.
While it is known that breast cancer affects more white women than black, UK cancer registries have only recently started to collect ethnicity data and there is little understanding of if, and indeed how, race affects the development of the disease...MORE
community Service means Business!
- ► 2011 (47)
- ► 2010 (326)
- ► 2009 (141)
01/13 - 01/20
- NPR : Companies Use Fees to Counter Bargains
- Chem Lab: Scientists Are Learning How Weed Causes ...
- They Want Influencers for More New Recruits
- Competition in Modular Clusters
- If Marketing Experts Ran Elections
- Whats Been Missing From This Presidential Campaign...
- BBC NEWS | Americas | Judge allows Vegas casino vo...
- Discover the .EDU Underground
- New Bacteria Strain Is Striking Gay Men - New York...
- Doozla: Skitch for Kids
- BBC NEWS | Health | Crisps 'not a treat' for child...
- BBC NEWS | Health | Black women get cancer 'earlie...
- A Suburb Looks Nervously at Its Urban Neighbor - N...
- A Revival of 1992’s Glum Mood - New York Times
- 'There's been war since this morning.'
- 'Muslim Girl' Magazine Marks Year in Print
- Credit where it's Due.
- How Red Tape became 'Gotcha Capitalism'
- There Is Hope: Polar Cities for Day After Tomorrow...
- NPR : Researcher Studies Gangs by Leading One
- ▼ 01/13 - 01/20 (21)
- ► 2007 (55)
- ► 2006 (52)
- ► 2005 (96)
- ► 2004 (503)