New Bacteria Strain Is Striking Gay Men
In a study published online by the journal Annals of Internal Medicine, the bacteria seemed to be spread most easily through anal intercourse but also through casual skin-to-skin contact and touching contaminated surfaces.
The authors warned that unless microbiology laboratories were able to identify the strain and doctors prescribed the proper antibiotic therapy, the infection could soon spread among other groups and become a wider threat.
The new strain seems to have “spread rapidly” in gay populations in San Francisco and Boston, the researchers wrote, and “has the potential for rapid, nationwide dissemination” among gay men...MORE
community Service means Business!
- ► 2011 (47)
- ► 2010 (326)
- ► 2009 (141)
01/13 - 01/20
- NPR : Companies Use Fees to Counter Bargains
- Chem Lab: Scientists Are Learning How Weed Causes ...
- They Want Influencers for More New Recruits
- Competition in Modular Clusters
- If Marketing Experts Ran Elections
- Whats Been Missing From This Presidential Campaign...
- BBC NEWS | Americas | Judge allows Vegas casino vo...
- Discover the .EDU Underground
- New Bacteria Strain Is Striking Gay Men - New York...
- Doozla: Skitch for Kids
- BBC NEWS | Health | Crisps 'not a treat' for child...
- BBC NEWS | Health | Black women get cancer 'earlie...
- A Suburb Looks Nervously at Its Urban Neighbor - N...
- A Revival of 1992’s Glum Mood - New York Times
- 'There's been war since this morning.'
- 'Muslim Girl' Magazine Marks Year in Print
- Credit where it's Due.
- How Red Tape became 'Gotcha Capitalism'
- There Is Hope: Polar Cities for Day After Tomorrow...
- NPR : Researcher Studies Gangs by Leading One
- ▼ 01/13 - 01/20 (21)
- ► 2007 (55)
- ► 2006 (52)
- ► 2005 (96)
- ► 2004 (503)